Pieces of Eight
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A role-play site set after the events of Treasure Island

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Username:
Password:
:: I forgot my password
Quick Navigation
Seascape
Welcome to Pieces of Eight! We are a nautical/piratical rp set after the events of the book Treasure Island. However we do welcome those that haven't read the books as we're not "canon-only" and welcome pirates, aristocrats, and navymen of all shapes and kinds!

Rules
Introduction Model
Taken Characters & Their Faces
Wanted Characters
Crews
Staff

Calypso
Captain
(Founder)
Catherine Ellwood

Blue Canary
Quartermaster
(Second-In-Command)
William Dixton

John
Boatswain
(Admin)
John Chamberlain

McKenzie
Ship's Doctor
(Admin)
Eli Jewell
Latest topics
» Rum and Mutiny // Open
Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyTue May 19, 2015 6:59 pm by Amelia Hawkins

» Not Your Typical Wench // John O'Malley
Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyFri May 15, 2015 10:03 am by John O'Malley

» Take Me To Wonderland ~ A dystopian Wonderland RP
Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptySat May 02, 2015 8:50 pm by Catherine Ellwood

» Phillipe D'Orleans
Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptySun Apr 19, 2015 9:36 am by William Dixton

» When you are evil
Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptySat Apr 18, 2015 12:00 am by Phillipe D'Orleans

» Rule Britannia
Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyFri Apr 17, 2015 11:57 pm by John Chamberlain

» A Pirate's lass
Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Apr 16, 2015 5:09 am by John O'Malley

» Revenge! // Catherine, Jack, Bloody Mary Crew
Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyWed Apr 15, 2015 4:25 am by William Dixton

» Just A Little Late // Carolina
Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 8:49 pm by Carolina of Locksley

OOC Chatbox
Affiliates
Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa Button10

Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa Empty
PostSubject: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:40 pm

Name: Yulia

Character Name: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa
Character Face: Geoffrey Rush
Place in Society: previously third-class
Job: Pirate Captain (also Pirate Lord of the Caspian Sea) aboard 'Aurora'.

Bio:
Hector grew up in a poor family, and he ran away from home when he was 13. He went to the sea, and seeing how well the captains and officers lived, decided to become a captain himself. At first, he wanted to be an honest seaman, but quickly recognized that piracy was easier and more lucrative.

Barbossa is one of the nine Pirate Lords of the Brethren Court. He is the Pirate Lord of the Caspian Sea, although as that body of water is endorheic, he pirated elsewhere, eventually settling in the Caribbean.
Originally Barbossa was simply a pirate captain in the Caribbean. After his schooner, the Cobra, is attacked and destroyed by infamous rogue pirates, he goes to Shipwreck Cove to inform the Pirate Lords of his disaster. With the help of a young pirate, Barbossa discovers that the leader of the rogues is Borya Palachnik, the Russian Pirate Lord of the Caspian Sea. After he was captured and sentenced to hang, Borya gave his Piece of Eight to Barbossa, thus making him the next Pirate Lord of the Caspian Sea.

At one point he became a Privateer in the Royal Navy, but after a long while went back to piracy.
Hector is fond of apples and makes sure there are always a barrel or two of fresh apples for when the peckish urge strikes him. His immense love for the fruit has earned him the nickname "Apples".

He is skilled with a sword, and is considered one of the finest swordsmen in the Caribbean. His prowess with a blade is evident when dueling and even his own crew would hesitant to attack Hector Barbossa, even simultaneously. This skill has come from using a sword since the age of 13.

Hector is very attentive to his appearance, as his elaborate clothing shows. He wears a large ring bearing a bear's head symbol and has purplish blue ostrich plumes and a pheasant feather in his hat. His coat buttons are made from recast Incan silver, and his pistol once belonged to a Spanish pirate, won in a duel. He likes to always look his best no matter what, but especially during battles and shore leave. He never goes anywhere without his pet and best friend - Jack the monkey.

Ships served on: Black Pearl, Hai Peng, HMS Providence, Queen Anne's Revenge
Weaponry: Knife, cutlass, pistol, hand grenades, Sword of Triton
Back to top Go down
Catherine Ellwood
Admin
Catherine Ellwood

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:56 pm

Welcome to England Captain Barbossa Smile Or rather, welcome back.

If I may, Jack is super adorable!
Back to top Go down
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:58 pm

Thank ye, lassie.

And Jack be appreciatin' yer sweet comment, thank ye.
Back to top Go down
William Dixton
Admin
William Dixton

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:22 pm

Cap'n Barbossa *grins* nice meetin' ye and Jack
Back to top Go down
http://nightingale.forum3.biz/
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:36 pm

Thanks matey. Though I must say, ye be lookin' awful familiar-like... Have we met before? Or rather, have I threatened you before? *joking*
Back to top Go down
William Dixton
Admin
William Dixton

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 11:49 pm

*thinks for a moment* uhm... Me don't know? Maybe we met by sea?
Back to top Go down
John Chamberlain

John Chamberlain

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:16 am

Bloody hell, another pirate, at this rate the royal navy will be over runned
Back to top Go down
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:23 am

@Will: Actually, methinks I knows yer father. Might have mets ye when ye was a bit younger.

@John: *smirk* Well, ye figured out our plan, Sir.
Back to top Go down
William Dixton
Admin
William Dixton

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:26 am

@Hector: aye, that might be true. He might know ye
Back to top Go down
John Chamberlain

John Chamberlain

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:27 am

Its going to be 5 pirate ships against 1 royal navy ship
Back to top Go down
William Dixton
Admin
William Dixton

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:30 am

2, sir, if ye count Derek's ship
Back to top Go down
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:30 am

*smirks* Well, I can clearly see the winner there, Mr. Chamberlain. Even if ye do count the second ship.
Back to top Go down
William Dixton
Admin
William Dixton

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:33 am

aye, mate. Pirates stand together!
Back to top Go down
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:35 am

All fer one, and one fer all! *scratches monkey's head* Isn't that right, Jacky me boy?
Back to top Go down
John Chamberlain

John Chamberlain

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:35 am

Oh yes 5 against 2, but remenber that the royal navy has the superior ships usually
Back to top Go down
William Dixton
Admin
William Dixton

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:38 am

*looks at John* me Bloody Mary has seen many fights with the Navy o'er so many years. we will no be afraid o' ye
Back to top Go down
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:41 am

*looks at John also* Usually. But I daresay our gunners are much more superior to anything that the Navy migha trained. And I've been a part of the Navy, so I know all yer weak points...
Back to top Go down
John Chamberlain

John Chamberlain

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:43 am

Oh yes, maybe we should adopt a safety in numbers system, thus being able to lay a barrage of concentrate fire
Back to top Go down
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:46 am

Doubt it, matey. We'd win anyway *grin*
Back to top Go down
William Dixton
Admin
William Dixton

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:49 am

being pirate all yer life, ye learn to deal with Navy
Back to top Go down
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 1:23 am

Ain't that the truth, Will.
Back to top Go down
William Dixton
Admin
William Dixton

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:17 am

aye matey
Back to top Go down
John Chamberlain

John Chamberlain

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Privateers I can tolerate, pirates, no, so may the best ship win, when I mean best ship I mean royal navy ships and not one of the rafts you pirates use
Back to top Go down
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Privateers are just as much pirates, they just have the protection of the Crown on their side. 'Nd aren't allowed ta attack fellow Englishships, but they're pirates all the same. As fer our ships, I'd thank ye not to verbally abuse our beauties. Ours kin outrun 'nd outgun yer ol' vessels any ol' day.
Back to top Go down
Capt. Hector Barbossa

Capt. Hector Barbossa

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:36 pm

Privateers are just as much pirates, they just have the protection of the Crown on their side. 'Nd aren't allowed ta attack fellow Englishships, but they're pirates all the same. As fer our ships, I'd thank ye not to verbally abuse our beauties. Ours kin outrun 'nd outgun yer ol' vessels any ol' day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa   Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa Empty

Back to top Go down

Captain Hector "Apples" Barbossa
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next